Upcoming Events and Trainings
Topical Conferences, Trainings and Events:
Links to conferences are shown below in date order. Additional information is shown on the link for the conference information. There are hundreds of conferences held nationwide on topics related to VAWA. It is our intention to post popular topics, nationwide events or open webinars in this space.
In addition, we have provided some links to web pages as they pertain to “Awareness Months”. These are in no way the only organizations you should look to – they are simply a link to pique your interest and to get you started.
- 2017 National Conference on Health and Domestic Violence /Pre-Conference Institutes: Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 /Two Day Conference: September 27th-28th, 2017 / San Francisco, California (Pre-Registration Open in May 2017)
- Webinar / Introducing the StrongHearts Native Helpline: Supporting Native Survivors of Domestic Violence and Dating Violence /Jul 26, 2017 2:30 3:30 PM EDT
- NSVRC National Sexual Assault Conference / June 7-9 / Dallas, Texas
- Changing the landscape: A dialogue with journalists reporting on sexual violence / May 9, 2017 from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM (EDT)/ Washington, DC
- Webinar / 10 Myths of Sexual Assault / May 17, 2017 from 2:00 PM – 3:15 PM EDT
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month / National Sexual Violence Resource Center
- International Conference on Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, and Systems Change / April 18-20 / Orlando, FL
- Women’s History Month / National Women’s History Project
- AVA Annual Meeting, Tuscon, AZ – details here.
- Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month / National Resource Center on Domestic Violence
- Black History Month
- SAVE the DATE / Peer to Peer Regional Meeting (AVA) / February 7-8 / Austin, TX
- 2nd Biennial Conference for the Prevention of Sexual and Domestic Violence / February 06, 2017 – Wednesday, February 08, 2017 /Kansas Coalition Against Sexual and Domestic Violence / Topeka, KS
- Webinar / “Conforming STOP Violence Against Women Formula Grant Program Regulations to Statutory Change; Definitions and Confidentiality Requirements Applicable to All OVW Grant Programs” (OVW) / January 12, 2017 / Session 1: 11 am ET / Session 2: 4 pm ET /Dial-in Number: 641.715.3580 /Access code: 760879
- Webinar / Challenges Multiplied: Multi-Defendant Rape and Witnessed Rape (AEQUITAS) / December 15 / 2:00 – 3:00 pm EST
- National Institute on the Prosecution of Elder Abuse Institute (AEQUITAS) / November 15 – 18 / Phoenix, AZ
October 2016 – Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- SAVE the DATE / Peer to Peer Regional Meeting (AVA) / October 5 / Philadelphia PA (see front page of this website for more info).
- NCADV’s 2016 National Conference on Domestic Violence: Voices United / October 23-26 / Chandler, Arizona
- Labor Day / September 5
- National Suicide Prevention Month
- Domestic Violence Danger Assessment and Risk Management (BWJP – registration ends 8/15 or when filled) / September 12-13 / Santa FE, NM
- Protection Order Practice for Prosecutors and Law Enforcement Training / September 13-24 / Albuquerque, NM
- International Meeting for Leaders and Concerned Citizens Working to End Exploitation / September 29-October 1 / Houston, TX
- Independence Day / July 4
- Webinar / The Danger When Animal Abuse Occurs with Family Violence / BWJP /Jul 7, 1:00 EST
- The International Summit to End Sexual Violence (NSVRC) / July 10-11 Bronx, NY
- Webinar / Digital Evidence: Successfully Identifying and Acquiring Electronic Evidence to Combat the CSI Effect / EVAW / July 12; 2:00 EST
- Webinar /Creating Sustainable Funding For Community Domestic Violence Programs & Shelters (NCADV); July 13; 1:00 EST
- LGBT Pride Month / see information at Human Rights Campaign and the National Center on Domestic and Sexual Violence
- NNEDV Advocacy Day / June 6-9 / Washington, D.C.
- Webinar /End Violence Against Women International (EVAW) / How to Plan a Successful Training for Law Enforcement / June 8; 2:00 EST
- Webinar /The National Protocol for Sexual Abuse Medical Forensic Examinations: Pediatric / June 16; 3:30 EST
- Father’s Day / Sunday June 19 / Thank you to all the positive male role models!
- Military Appreciation Month / see information at Military.Com and NMAM. For information on sexual assault in the military, see the Department of Defense
- Mother’s Day / Sunday May 8 / Just a little shout out to all women who have been a mom, or acted like a mom for someone. You are appreciated!
- National Missing Children’s Day / May 30 / see information at OJJDP and check out 2016 National Missing Children’s Day Poster Contest Fact Sheet for State Managers and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Kids
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month / to start…see National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC); Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network (RAINN); and 1 in 6 for info.
- Start by Believing Day, April 6, 2016; for more information see EVAW
- National Child Abuse Prevention Month / see information at Prevent Child Abuse America
- National Volunteer Month / see Points of Light for information
- Prevention of Animal Cruelty Month / for facts about animal cruelty see The Humane Society of the United States; for facts about animal cruelty and the link to domestic violence, see American Humane Society
- National Crime Victims’ Right Week – April 10-16 / see Office for Victims of Crime for more info.
- Webinar / “The Danger When Animal Abuse Co-Occurs with Family Violence: Strategies and Policies for Keeping Families Safe” / BWJP; April 7; 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm EDT.
- Webinar / OVW Financial Management Practices and Procedures for Non-Profits – April 14, 2016 ( 3:30 – 5:00 pm ET, 2:30 – 4:00 CT, 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm PT, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm Alaska time, and 10:30 am – 12:00 pm Hawaii Time.
- NO MORE 11th Annual Conference on Crimes Against Women / Apr 4 2016 – Apr 6 2016,; Dallas, TX
- National Women’s History Month
- International Conference on Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, and Engaging Men & Boys /March 22 – 24, 2016; Washington, D.C.
- Save the Date – STOP Administrator Conference / March 2016; Chicago, IL
- Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month; for more info see Love is Respect.org
- Webinar/ “The New Normal: Understanding the Dating Culture and Dating Abuse in Today’s Society”; Feb. 25 at 2 p.m. CST/3 p.m. EST. To register, click here.