Upcoming Events and Trainings
Topical Conferences, Trainings and Events:
Links to conferences are shown below in date order. Additional information is shown on the link for the conference information. There are hundreds of conferences held nationwide on topics related to VAWA. It is our intention to post popular topics, nationwide events or open webinars in this space.
In addition, we have provided some links to web pages as they pertain to “Awareness Months”. These are in no way the only organizations you should look to – they are simply a link to pique your interest and to get you started.
- LGBT Pride Month
- Asian Pacific American Heritage Month
- National Child Abuse Prevention Month / United States Department of Health and Human Services
- AVA Annual Meeting / Albuquerque, NM / April 30, 2019
- 2019 Joint Meeting of STOP Administrators, State and Territory Coalition Directors, and Tribal Coalition Directors / Albuquerque, NM / April 30-May 1, 2019
- International Conference on Sexual Assault, Intimate Partner Violence and Increasing Access / San Diego, CA / April 22-24, 2019 / Registration starts 9/3/18
- NNEDV “Chefs Take a Stand to End Domestic Violence” / Washington, DC / October 1
- NCADV’s 17th National Conference on Domestic Violence / Providence, RI / September 23-26
- National Sexual Assault Conference 2018 / Anaheim, CA / August 29-31
- OVW Webinar /July 18 / 5:00 – 6:00 pm EST.
- LGBTQ Pride Month / Library of Congress Info on LGBTQ Month
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month and National Child Abuse Prevention Month
- Teen Doing Violence Awareness Month
- National Stalking Awareness Month / Stalking Resource Center
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women / United Nations / November 25
- 2017 National Conference on Health and Domestic Violence /Pre-Conference Institutes: Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 /Two Day Conference: September 27th-28th, 2017 / San Francisco, California (Pre-Registration Open in May 2017)
- Webinar / Introducing the StrongHearts Native Helpline: Supporting Native Survivors of Domestic Violence and Dating Violence /Jul 26, 2017 2:30 3:30 PM EDT
- NSVRC National Sexual Assault Conference / June 7-9 / Dallas, Texas
- Changing the landscape: A dialogue with journalists reporting on sexual violence / May 9, 2017 from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM (EDT)/ Washington, DC
- Webinar / 10 Myths of Sexual Assault / May 17, 2017 from 2:00 PM – 3:15 PM EDT
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month / National Sexual Violence Resource Center
- International Conference on Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, and Systems Change / April 18-20 / Orlando, FL
- Women’s History Month / National Women’s History Project
- AVA Annual Meeting, Tuscon, AZ – details here.
- Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month / National Resource Center on Domestic Violence
- Black History Month
- SAVE the DATE / Peer to Peer Regional Meeting (AVA) / February 7-8 / Austin, TX
- 2nd Biennial Conference for the Prevention of Sexual and Domestic Violence / February 06, 2017 – Wednesday, February 08, 2017 /Kansas Coalition Against Sexual and Domestic Violence / Topeka, KS
- Webinar / “Conforming STOP Violence Against Women Formula Grant Program Regulations to Statutory Change; Definitions and Confidentiality Requirements Applicable to All OVW Grant Programs” (OVW) / January 12, 2017 / Session 1: 11 am ET / Session 2: 4 pm ET /Dial-in Number: 641.715.3580 /Access code: 760879