Conforming STOP Violence Against Women Formula Grant Program Regulations to Statutory Change; Definitions and Confidentiality Requirements Applicable to All OVW Grant Programs.”
From OVW Director – 11/30/16Dear Colleagues,I am pleased to announce the release of the new final rule, “Conforming STOP Violence Against Women Formula Grant Program Regulations to Statutory Change; Definitions and Confidentiality Requirements Applicable to All OVW Grant Programs.”The rule brings OVW’s grant program regulations up to date with all reauthorizations of the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) and in doing so, reflects comments we received from the field.One part of the new rule applies to all OVW grantees, and one part specifically governs grantees who receive funding through OVW’s STOP Violence Against Women Formula Grant Program.Features of the new rule:
- Provides definitions for “prevention,” “public agency,” “community-based program,” and “victim services division or component of an organization, agency, or government.”
- Adds detail on the requirements of the VAWA confidentiality provision.
- Provides information on the requirements for the STOP Program implementation planning process, including changing the time period for the plans from three years to four.
- Provides information on meaningful inclusion of underserved and culturally specific populations in the STOP Program.
- Discusses the STOP Program sexual assault set aside.
- Provides detail on the match requirement for the STOP Program and the process for obtaining match waivers.We are hosting a webinar to explain the changes and answer your questions. Join us January 5, 2017, at 4:00—5:30 pmEastern time. Details about the webinar will be on www.Justice.gov/OVW/
Announcements and advertised on Twitter.Read and download the rule in the Federal Register, and feel free to forward this message.Follow us @OVW